These poor dogs didn’t know what they were getting into when they thought a bee would make a tasty snack. While we feel really b.ad for these dogs stung by bees, but we can’t deny that it’s really hilarious to look at. They really have no idea what happened to them. So all they do is look up at you with their puppy dog eyes and swollen faces and you just want to hug them and make them feel better. But first, you want to laugh.
When the weather is warm and the flowers are blooming, dogs’ noses and the fuzzy-yet-pointy butts of bees are sure to mingle— with mixed results. For some dogs, a bee sting is no big deal. For dogs with an all.er.gy, crossing a bee’s path is anything but sweet.
If you see your dog suddenly swiping or rubbing her face, or furiously biting or licking her paw, take a second to check her over for an insect bite.
If your dog has been stung by a bee and you notice any of the following signs, do call your vet and discuss the situation.
- Abnormal swelling
- Difficulty breathing
- Difficulty swallowing
- Di.z.zy or stu.m.bling
A good trick to remove the stinger is to scrape the skin with a credit card or your fingernail— if you can find it. The sooner the stinger can be removed, the less v.en.om will get into your dog’s bl.o.ods.trea.m.
Soothe a bee sting with a paste of baking soda with a little water. A cool bath with soothing oatmeal can help too. Try pulsing rolled oats in the food processor or blender to create a flour-like powder you can sprinkle into the bath water.
Your vet may give your dog an inj.ection of corticosteroid and Benadryl to help reduce inf.lam.mation during a s.ever.e all.er.gic reaction.
Some dogs just can’t resist chasing and catching bees in the garden. If your dog is crazy for the “spicy flies” and has a b a.d reaction to bee v.en.om, your vet may suggest keeping an EpiPen on hand for em.erge.ncies. Epinephrine will quickly stabilize your dog but wears off quickly, so be sure and have a plan in place to get your dog to medical care in an em.erg.ency.
And now, let’s have a look on these “Sad-but-fun” photos:
1. No, I still hear your voice!
2. From now on, I am the Pirate
3. Don’t laugh at me, please!
4. I still don’t understand… why the bee didn’t want to play with me?
5. I thought the wasp was a snack…
6. How can I join the Beauty Pageant tomorrow..
7. Don’t show this pic to my grandchildren when I’m old, please!
8. She told me she wanted to have a kiss. I didn’t know she was a wasp!
9. I’m just being fat, don’t think I bumped into bees!
10. Keep your smile no matter what happens! Just like meeeee!
11. Hey! How do I look?
12. I am scared! Hold me tight please!
13. Don’t you dare to tell my wife that I cheated on her with a bumble bee!
14. Luxury posing with LV bag behind even he was stung…